ABOUT US

3rd Williamstown Scout Group was founded in 1924 and has been on the current site since 1934.

We run fun and informative programs for children starting at 5 years, up until 17 year old where they are on the verge of adulthood. 


OUR HISTORY
The Troop was founded in 1924 and was originally a closed Troop attached to St Andrew’s Church in Cecil Street, Williamstown. One of the first recorded Scout Masters was a Mr Aldridge. The Troop adopted the name “St Andrew's Troop” and continued to meet at the church until 1934, when it became the 3rd Williamstown Scout Troop, 

OfficialHallOpeningProgram

So, in 1935, the old bluestone Municipal chambers at 12 Thompson St, Williamstown, which had been vacant since 1919, became a Scout hall and the 3rd Williamstown Scout Troop Headquarters. 

On Saturday July 13th 1935, Mr G.W.S. Anderson, the Deputy Commissioner of Scouts for Victoria, officially opened the Troop's new headquarters in the old Municipal chambers at 12 Thompson St, Williamstown. The Group Scout Master at the time was Mr John Le Brun and the Scout Master was Mr Cliff Cook.